ANAMBRA STATE POLICE COMMAND DIARY:
POLICE OPERATIVES IN ANAMBRA STATE BURST SUSPECTED CHILD SNATCHING/STEALING AND TRAFFICKING SYNDICATE
Rescued Eight Children Suspected to have been snatched or stolen from different States including a fifteen years old pregnant girl.
On the 13/9/2020 following intelligence report, Police detectives attached to Onisha Area Command in collaboration with the Command State intelligence Bureu(SIB) arrested Five members of a Child Stealing/Trafficking syndicate as follows,
(i). Mrs Joy Lazarus ‘”f” aged 40years of NO. 138 Uratta Area Aba, Abia State,
(ii) Janet Gideon ‘f” aged 22years of No. 12 Irete Street Owerri, Imo State,
(iii) Gideon Bobby Godspower ‘m’ aged 26years of Portharcort in River State,
(iv) Wisdom Ndubuisi ‘m’ aged 26yrs of chokosho Village PH, Rivers State and,
(v) Chukwudima C. Nwogu ‘m’ aged 29years of No. 138 urata area Aba, Abia State.
2) Suspects specialises in child snatching,child stealing and trafficking from different parts of the country especially South East and South South Geo political zones.
3) Preliminary Investigation revealed that the children (five boys and three girls) were stolen from Rivers Bayelsa,Imo, Abia and Anambra States both at gun points and through stealing after which they were sold to the kingpin in Abia State.
4) Consequently, upon interrogation the suspects voluntarily confessed that they usually steal the children and bring to their sponsor one Mrs Joy Lazarus ‘f’ of Urata in Abia State who allegedly buys the children at the rate of between two hundred and four hundred thousand (#200-400,000) naira depending on their age and gender.
5) Further investigation also revealed that in addition to Child Stealing and trafficking,the same sponsor Mrs Joy Lazarus also lure under age girls into having pregnancy after which she will buy the children from them immediately after delivery.So far Eight Children of various age brackets were rescued from the syndicates including a years and half old baby recently snatched from the parent at gun point in Orlu, Imo State as well as a 15years old pregnant girl.Investigation is still ongoing after which all the suspects would be brought to book.
6) Meanwhile,all the children are in protective care and would be handed over to the social welfare department for custodial care.In view of the foregoing, the Commissioner of Police CP John B.Abang,fdc urges parents and guardians to always monitor their children and caution them against strangers.The CP further enjoins the Public whose children were either stolen or missing to report at Onitsha Area Command for proper identification and claim their children.
SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.