Recall, that the member representing Isiala Ngwa North State Constituency in Abia State House of Assembly, Honorable Ginger Onwusibe emerged as the ALL FACTS NEWSPAPER (AFNEWS) ABIA HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2021 via an online poll that took place on ALL FACTS NEWSPAPER website ( www.afnews.ng) ,
Below is the profile of Honorable Ginger Onwusibe, please read.
PROFILE OF HON.GINGER ONWUSIBE
The title of Chinua Achebe’s classical and iconic prose, “A man of the people” is a name that befits Ginger Onwusibe.
Exactly 49 years ago, Hon. Okenze Ginger Obinna Onwusibe, the member representing the good people of Isiala Ngwa North State Constituency in the Abia State House of Assembly was born into Ntigha Clan in Isiala Ngwa North LGA of Abia State.
The Ntigha-born Ginger Onwusibe is an astute grassroots politician, community leader and a progressive. For more than 2 decades and since 1999, he has shown his mettle in politics, delivering lots of democracy dividends to his people and touching the lives of every person that have come across him when he was Councillor, Special Adviser to the Governor on Sports, two-times TC Chairman of Isiala Ngwa North LGA, elected Executive Chairman of same Isiala Ngwa North LGA and now the member representing Isiala Ngwa North State Constituency in the the Abia State House of Assembly as elected in 2019. He doubles as the Traditional Prime Minister of his community, Amapu Ntigha Ancient Kingdom. A man of the people, he is.
In his less than two years in office as a legislator, Hon Ginger has demonstrated that he is not the ordinary Nigerian politician who makes promises before election, only but to decline from his promises once elected. ”Representing beyond legislation ” was his electoral campaign promises to the people of Isiala Ngwa North State Constituency when he was seeking election as House of Assembly member. A man of his words, he has given to his constituents beyond legislation, thus:
- Building, installing and powering 150 units of 60 watts solar-powered street lights in all busy areas, junctions, and market squares in Isiala Ngwa North LGA, including but not limited to Isiala Ngwa junction, Uratta junction, Amaoriji junction, Ntigha Junction, Ikputu Nsulu, Eziala Nsulu, Nkwo Ntigha,Orie Ntigha, Ahiaba Ubi, Umuogele Umuakwu Nbawsi etc.
- Building of a completed three- classroom block with principal’s office at Abayi Isingwa Community Secondary School.
- Building and completion of Chuku Wachuku Mani Stadium with perimeter fencing at Nbawsi.
- Embarking on massive road grading in all parts of the LGA without discrimination, including but not limited to Umunka – Umuogele- Nsirimo Road, Abayi- Amaorji Road, St. Jude-Umuogidi- Umuerim Avor Ntigha Road, St. Goerges Nbawsi Nbawsi Road, Umuezenta Road, Abu- Umuololo Road, etc.
- Attracted the on-going construction of Nbawsi-Umueze-Ikputu- Ururuka Road from the Abia State Government.
- Attracting the building and completion of a four- room block by ASUBEB at Secondary Technical School, Amapu Ntigha.
- Building of a three- classroom block with Head Teacher’s office at Okpuala Ntigha Primary School.
- Building of a Health Centre with water bore-hole scheme and staff apartments at Umuoha.
- Constructing an on-going mini-stadium at Umuosu Primary School, Nsulu.
- Constructing an on-going mini-stadium at Osusu in Ngwaukwu.
- Constructing an on-going mini-stadium at Group School, Eziama Ntigha.
- Installing a 300KVA transformer at Amuzu Umuobiri.
- Sponsoring the Nbawsi Umuomainta Football Competition.
- Sponsoring the Oha Amapu Ntigha Football Competition.
- Sponsoring Oha Ntigha Football Competition.
- Donating school uniforms and exercise books to primary school pupils
- Empowering 20 constituents with mini buses (20 buses) under the Otawaike Transport Empowerment Scheme.
- Donating motorcycles to some youths
- Sharing of 225 bags of rice with cash of over N7,000,000,00 (seven million naira) to constituents in 2019 Christmas celebration.
As a legislator, Hon, Ginger Onwusibe has remained a strong voice of all Abians on the floor of the Abia State House of Assembly. He has initiated and sponsored many Bills, moved many motions and chaired house committees. He particularly sponsored inter alia, the motion for the initiation and building of the Ntigha Inland Container Depot which was unanimously adopted and passed by the house.
In sports development, being a sportsman himself, he has been exceptional; using his hard-earned resources to sponsor sports activities and providing the infrastructure thereto. Ginger is a great footballer an also plays basketball very well. Apart from the two stadia completed and many others still under construction and the sponsoring/hosting of many football competitions, he has sponsored the Isiala Ngwa North LGA. He has hosted the ABIA STATE UNDER 13 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT and their camping at the Ginger Sam Amanaha Mini Stadium, Amapu Ntigha which stadium he personally built. He also invited and bought European and other foreign football player’s scouts to the Ginger Sam Amanaha Mini Stadium, Amapu Ntigha to hunt for young football talents for export to Europeans clubs.
It is these achievements in area of sports development that The Abia State (Football) Referees Council and the Nigeria Football Supporters’ club have found Hon. Okenze Ginger Onwusibe (Onwa Ntigha) worthy to receive honour and award in commemoration of his 49th birthday as the ” PATRON” of the Abia State Football Referees’ Council and the Nigeria Football Supporters Club’s ”SPORTS AMBASSADOR” respectively.
Meanwhile this great politician and community leader has a Bachelors and Masters Degree respectively in public Administration and is Currently a student of Law at the Abia State University.
He is married with children to his hearts -throb, Chief Mrs. Ugochin Ginger Onwusibe (Anyanwu Ututu).
Ginger remains an enigma of sort. He is that Politician who loves his people and his people love him in return.