On May 29th, 2015, he was sworn in alongside with other elected political office holders, and then, he took over the mantle of leadership as the Federal Member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia constituency in the Green Chamber of the National Assembly. Despite the challenges he faced, it couldn’t deter him from carrying out his legislative functions and fulfilling his campaign promises to the good people of his constituency.
Judging from the past, one can deduce that he is really moving at a very fast pace in touching lives and building legacy projects which has written his name on the sands of time. He is a core sharer of dividends of democracy. Despite his pedigree, he is ever humble, accommodating, friendly and passionate.
Many have asked, “what has the honourable member achieved so far ?
Well, here is the answer to your inquisitive minds!
1. PROVISION OF CLEAN WATER
* A water project at Ndi Okereke Abam.
* A surface water scheme and treatment plant at Abam still under construction.
* Amuvi water scheme in Arochukwu.
* Ibina Ohafia water scheme.
* Water reticulation at Eziukwu and Mgbaga from Ekeluogo water scheme in Ebem Ohafia.
* Rehabilitation of Ishi Mmiri water scheme at Elu Ohafia.
* Rehabilitation of Abiriba water scheme which has been moribund for over 20 years.
* Borehole at Umuzomgbo, Ihechiowa.
2. ROAD CONSTRUCTION
* Uko Nkole is the man that influenced the return to site of the contractor handling the rehabilitation of the Arochukwu- Ohafia- Abiriba federal road, Beks Kimse Nigeria Limited.
* He is liaising with the relevant agencies like FERMA to ensure that the Bende/Ohafia road is rehabilitated while also ensuring that the necessary appropriation is made available for the project.
3. CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES
* Anyim bridge at Atani Abam.
* Afagala bridge at Idima Abam.
* Reconstruction of Mmuri bridge, Ohafia.
* Construction of a standard health centre at Ndi Ememe Abam.
* Procurement of drugs and health equipment to be distributed to General hospitals and health centres in in Arochukwu and Ohafia.
* Payment of hospital bills to some indigent patients.
* Supported financially the 2015/2016 CHAMA free medical scheme for those that undergone surgery.
* Construction of five classroom block and a laboratory for Obiene Technical school, Ututu.
* Ongoing construction of five classroom block in Amankwu, Ohafia.
* Uko Nkole partnered with CHAMA (a Canada based NGO) to build a six classroom block in Ndi Aku Ohafia which base existed for 100 years without any any elementary school.
* Construction and furnishing of an administrative block for Nkporo Comprehensive Secondary School, Ohafia.
* Registration of First School Leaving Certificate Examination for over 500 indigent pupils in Arochukwu and Ohafia.
* Bursaries and scholarship to students in secondary and tertiary institutions.
* Provision of school desks to Nkporo Comprehensive Secondary School, Ohafia.
* Provision of low tension cables to support rural electrification in Ihechiowa communities.
* A solar street light for Okagwe and Nkwebi Ohafia.
* Provision and installation of five transformers for the following: Abam community, Timber shade, Ebem, Hospital road, Elu, Isiama layout, Amaekpu and Akanu Ohafia.
* He has also taken up and addressing the issue of over billing of members of his constituency by EEDC.
Also, he is embarking on some palliative works on some of our roads as he donated over 1 00bags of cement to Elu community and constructed one bedroom apartment each to widows from Mgbaga and Ememe Abam.
All these and more he has achieved within his two years in office and more still to come.
We need support to grow. If you love what we are doing, Kindly CLICK ME to donate and support this effort. Thanks!
For Adverts, Inquiries: