WHO suspends use of Chloroquine for treatment of COVID-19, gives reason

World_Health_Organization

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday, said it had “temporarily” suspended clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine, as potential treatment for COVID-19.

WHO Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, addressing a virtual press conference, said that the WHO-backed trials had been “suspended while the safety is reviewed”.

The decision has been taken, after a publication indicated that the use of Chloroquine could increase the likelihood of dying.


“It’s important to continue to gather evidence on the efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine.

READ ALSO  DSP and the last cry of a drawning man.

“We want to use it if it’s safe and efficacious, reduces mortality, reduces the length of hospitalization without increasing adverse events,” WHO Chief Scientist, Soumya Swaminathan, added at the press briefing in Geneva.

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump had given 30 day notice to WHO to review their operations and inclination to China or he will pull out every funding to the body.




We need support to grow. If you love what we are doing, Kindly CLICK ME to donate and support this effort. Thanks!


For Adverts, Inquiries:

Whatsapp or Call 08082149747 CLICK ME NOW
Send Articles & News Stories To [email protected]

READ ALSO  SWAT: Police Say No SARS officers, No patrol, No unlawful search



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Have Missed